Step-By-Step Approved Permit (AP) Application DIY Guide
Post date: Oct 13, 2011 7:23:08 AM
Starting from Sep 2011, applicants are not allowed to hire agents to apply for personal vehicle import permit (AP). The process have to be DIY now. Be prepared to go through all the troublesome processes. Me myself had been to MITI JB three times to settle the AP stuff. Below is the step-by-step guide complied from my personal experience.
1. Prepare all documents required. The list of documents can be found here.
2. Certify all the photocopied documents.
3. Get the JK69 form from any Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad (PNMB) branches for 60 cent each. The JB branch is located at Jalan Datin Halimah, Larkin. Find the map here. Tips: Buy multiple set of forms for backup purpose.
4. Complete the JK69 in typewritten form (recommended not compulsory). You will need a dot matrix printer or a typewriter (and a few sets of form to account for typing errors). The printer template can be found here. The HS code can be found here or ask your agent. There is an electric typewriter for public use at MITI JB.
5. Submit the completed form with all supporting documents to any MITI branch. Remember to bring along the original vehicle registration certificate, e.g. V5 logbook for UK cars and original insurance certificate for verification purpose.